BioNetwork is the life sciences training initiative of the NC Community College System. Subject matter experts design and deliver training, eLearning, lab testing services, and customized training solutions. Many courses are delivered at a company’s site, at our training facilities, virtually or locally, at any of our community colleges. BioNetwork provides professional development for science instructors, STEM outreach for K12 and college students.
During 2022, BioNetwork delivered:
- Education, training, and laboratory support for 43 life sciences companies
- 85 courses for 964 incumbent employees or transitional workers through customized training and open-enrollment courses
- Professional development for 488 science teachers and community college instructors, and 4,234 students
- Provided support to 10 colleges that offered 45 BioWork courses serving 592 students
- Organized 3 career fairs for a total of 387 attendees and 19 biopharma companies